Homeowners Have the Right To:
1. A responsive and competent community association.
2. Honest, fair and respectful treatment by community leaders and
3. Participate in governing the community association by attending
meetings, serving on committees and standing for election.
4. Access appropriate association books and records.
5. Prudent expenditure of fees and other assessments.
6. Live in a community where the property is maintained according
to established standards.
7. Fair treatment regarding financial and other association obligations,
including the opportunity to discuss payment plans and
options with the association before foreclosure is initiated.
8. Receive all documents that address rules and regulations governing
the community association—if not prior to purchase and settlement
by a real estate agent or attorney, then upon joining the
9. Appeal to appropriate community leaders those decisions affecting
non-routine financial responsibilities or property rights…Read More